But this blog is just as important. It's important for me to look back at the things that I've accomplished, to be able to show myself that yes, I have been busy and no, I'm not a waste of space. It makes it more real when you can see it.
So, getting back on the wagon, here's my list for Today I...
- Watched Eric for Becca for a few hours
- Washed and dried several loads of laundry.
- Cleaned the countertops, the sink and the stove in the kitchen.
- Cleaned out the microwave.
- Handwashed several dishes
- Put away the dishes in the dishwasher
- Helped to reload the dishes in the dishwasher in the evening.
- Went to the store with Becca and only spent about $3.
- Rearranged the plastic containers so they fit without being a jumble
- Took a shower (Sometimes it's the little things)
- Made Chai Tea Mix from Pintrest so I can make myself a cup of Chai Tea in the mornings
- Downloaded The Time Paradox, Artemis Fowl, Book Six by Eoin Colfer for listening while cleaning.
Not bad for today. I am trying a new way of working on the big projects that need to get done in here. So many nooks and crannies are stuffed with so many things, it's no wonder we don't remember what we have and what we don't. But most of these things - like burrowing to the bottom of my coat closet - are daunting in and of themselves. So rather than do all of a big project, I'm breaking it down into smaller tasks. And I'm going to do one smaller task in the room of the day. (I work on the kitchen on Monday, dining room Tuesday, living room Wednesday, Bathrooms/Pantry on Thursday and Bedrooms on Friday. That gives me the weekend to work on the big projects I want Rick's help with and/or work on my online stuff.)
For example, today was kitchen day. I kept seeing so many things that needed to be gone through and reorganized. But rather than work on all of those, I chose one - working on the cabinet that holds our plastic storage containers. I had to force myself not to do more than that outside of my normal scope of kitchen cleaning, but I did it. Next week, I'll attack something different. Maybe the top of the fridge or the Washer/Dryer area. I've got a week to think about it.
Now it's time for what I'm hoping to do tomorrow. It's a guideline rather than a hard and fast list, but it's good to have plans.
- Will clean the dining room, including vacuuming
- Clean off the baker's rack and get rid of the dishes that the boys don't use anymore
- Do today and tomorrow's blog posts.
- Type up a bit more of my sheets for the home organization book
- Do Tai Chi
- Make dinner
More may come up as the day unwinds, but for now, it's a good start.