Friday, January 11, 2013

Today I... for Friday, January 11, 2013

Yep, I'd been really bad about updating this.  Great idea, life got in the way.  But I'm starting a few new things in my life - not really New Years resolutions because, 1) I didn't start them on January 1, b) they are more lifestyle changes than resolutions and, iii) it's all about the baby steps rather than the big changes.

Anyway, one of the things that I'm doing is a daily challenge for myself.  Every day, I'm doing something else that will help me get focused (my watch word for 2013).  One of the things is writing out (once a week) my soft schedule for the week.  I'm using Week Plan for my schedule.  It's a nice way to see what I want to try to get done each day and how long I expect each thing to take.

I've got updating this blog as one of the things I'll be doing daily, so I can keep track of what I've done.  kind of a way to say, "You rock, Amber!", especially on days when I'm not feeling as productive as others.  I need to remember the big picture rather than each frame - days will vary but as long as more is getting done than not, I'm in good shape.

So, for today, this is what I've accomplished:


  • I wrote my soft schedule for the next week, through January 20th.  Me time and checking said schedule is listed for every day (along with other things like exercise and remembering to eat).
  • I updated Sanity's Overrated with four different memes.  I'm hoping to keep up with the memes that I enjoy doing every day over the next week so I can use it as a template for what to do on the various blogs each day.
  • I did SparkCoach for today, visualizing where I like to be and letting the positive energy flow into me from the memory of that place.  My place?  The rock by my neighbor's pond in Downsville.  It's where I used to go to think when I was a teen.  It's still my "safe" place, mentally.
  • I did 35 minutes of strength training.  I ache, but it's a good ache.  Can't complain about that.  It included ball and dumbbell work - crunches, push-ups, swimming, curls... a good work out.
  • I did my ankle exercises.  It's definitely getting stronger.  I even went without my brace all day today and I'm not suffering because of it.  Maybe I'll just get rid of the brace all together.
  • I cleaned the kitchen.  It took me 2 hours, but I moved appliances, scrubbed counters, cleaned out the toaster oven and the microwave, cleared the dishwasher, refilled it and ran it, hand-washed several dishes, wiped down cabinet doors, cleaned off the front of the dishwasher and stove, cleaned off the top of the stove, swept.... I worked hard and I did a fantastic job.  I can't move much now, but the important thing is that I got it done!
I worked hard and got a lot done, and I'm feeling good about it.

I even took a silly picture.  Just for anyone following along.


No comments:

Post a Comment