Saturday, January 12, 2013

Today I... January 12, 2012

Today has been a lot less productive than yesterday but that is not a problem.  Not every day needs to be filled to the brim with productivity.

Part of why I didn't get as much done was because of my lack of sleep last night.  I took a sudafed at around 9 and stayed up for awhile playing on the computer.  I went to bed at 11 and fell instantly asleep.  The original plan was to take benadryl as well, but I was out before I remembered to do so.  Of course, the sudafed was still coursing through my body so I woke up at around 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep no matter how hard I tried.  I didn't start getting sleepy again until around 9 this morning.

So today's been a relaxation day.  I didn't exercise (and considering the fact I'm still aching, that's probably not a bad thing), but I have been trying to make healthier diet choices than yesterday.  I also managed to get a little blogging done over at Sanity's Overrated.  I'd planned on doing some book reviews, but I knew I didn't have the brain for it.  So instead of half-hearted reviewing, it's bumped until tomorrow or Monday.

Today was supposed to be library day but I didn't even have the energy for that.  Rich, being the wonderful husband he is, headed out to bring back what was due and pick up an audio book I was waiting for. He picked up a couple other things for us as well, including The Reduced Shakespeare Company - The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). It looks to be a hoot.  There's a chance we'll watch that tonight.

My dad brought my van back today so I'll be able to drive myself around again.  He stayed to visit for a little while before Rich drove him home.  It was nice to visit with him for a bit.


I actually did something today that I haven't done in awhile - painted my nails.  They're not as long as I'd like, but they're getting there.  Long enough to look pretty, anyway.

I also had to play nursemaid mommy today as well.  Poor Bubs hurt himself on the coffee table.  He's got one heck of a bruise on his nose.


Other than that, it's been pretty slow.  My daily challenge is up, and I'm thinking of what I need to get together for tomorrow's challenge - creating a motivational poster for myself.  I've got some ideas of things to add - pics of me from HS, quotes that motivate me, that kind of thing.  It's going to be the most challenging challenge thus far.  But I'll do it!  I'm going to persevere.

Later tonight, I'll be playing some CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder with Rich.  It's been too long since we've had a chance to sit down and play something, so I'm looking forward to it.  Also, I'm planning on getting a better night's sleep!

Have a great Saturday night, dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment