Sunday, January 20, 2013

Today I... January 20, 2012

Yeah, I've been bad about updating this for a few days.  Some of it was depression, some of it was not spending any computer time in the evening.  Most of my computer time has been in the morning or early afternoon, at a point when I don't have enough to talk about yet.  And then, I forget to add it to my list for the next day.

Anyway, I'm going to try to be a bit better about that from this point forward.  After all, I'm doing this for me and I know seeing my positive accomplishments help me quite a bit.

So, on to this weekend (rather than just today).  We have been putting a lot of our usual weekend plans on hold because of the money crunch that we have.  The only trip out was to go to the library (I had several books waiting for me) and to Target to use a gift card we got for Christmas to buy some groceries.  Then Rich headed out to Wal-Mart today to use a different Christmas gift card to buy what we'd forgotten on our previous trip.  (I really need to start writing out a grocery list.)  Otherwise, we were homebodies.

But we weren't slacker homebodies.  I managed to get the living room cleaned up, took care of several things on the computer (mostly Daily Challenges and memes).  I also managed to clean up the kitchen tonight (back to looking clean and bright!) and had the boys do a little cleaning in the dining room.

Unfortunately, there were also a lot of fights from the kids when it came to asking them to do things.  We had a talk tonight about everyone trying to work harder on getting things done around here.  I know I'm the one that stays home all day, but that doesn't mean that I'm the maid.  So, we'll see.  I need to remember to use the boys' Chore Boards and update them every week.  (Maybe that's something to add to my WeekPlan.)

I got a little more done on the reading side of things.  Rich and I finished listening to The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan last night.  Heck, we stayed up until 11 just to finish it.  While the story was good, there were a few problems with it.  I'm hoping to write this up for Views from the Reader Side and Goodreads.

This morning was the most productive part of my day, though.  I got up, got in the shower, got dressed and grabbed a notebook.  Then while Teddy was playing on the computer, I worked on writing out my meal plan for the week, writing out my soft schedule for the week, and writing down some ideas for Daily Challenge posts.  I was able to cross off several items on my To Do list before 9 am and it felt GOOD.

I also talked Rich into exercising with me this afternoon.  Now that the bedroom floor is cleaned off and we have the room, we can do exercise DVDs there instead of kicking the kids off the TV downstairs.  We did 30 minutes of Pilates.  I was aching, but it felt really good when I was done.  The one thing I need to remember when I exercise, though, is to bring up a big thing of water.  I'll really need it!

So year.... I've gotten back on track pretty good.  I'm hoping to have the same happen next week.  After all, the only one that can change me is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment