Sunday, January 13, 2013

Today I.... Sunday, January 13, 2013

Today wasn't the day I had planned, exactly, but it wasn't a bad one either.

My plans involved a bit of computer work - including two book reviews - some blogging on Sanity, a bit of exercise, some grocery shopping and working on a motivational poster for my daily challenge.

Instead, today was sleeping in later than usual (8:30am is impossibly late for this house!), having a wonderful breakfast of gingerbread pancakes and ham made by my husband, cleaning the kitchen from the breakfast dishes back to it's pristine condition, working online a bit (including working with my SparkCoach), let Rich go to the store by himself, then I headed upstairs to clean the bedroom.

I got the bug.  I had expected to put in an hour.  Get the stuff off the floor, get it cleaned up and then I'd worry about the rest later.  Nooooo.  That's not what happened.  I spent 5 1/2 hours, skipping lunch and dinner (I know, bad me - I did eat when I was finished) getting everything off the floor, off the headboard, out from under the bed, off Rich's dresser, straightening the bookshelves, cleaning out bins, putting things away in other rooms and putting things that needed to go downstairs in separate boxes and bags so I'd be able to bring them to the appropriate places when I came downstairs.  Rich came up near the end and helped me finish up.  We even got the new sheets on the bed.  Of course, I now have three laundry hampers completely filled with laundry to be washed, dried, folded and put away, but that can be for another day.

I'm going to get a picture tonight when I head back upstairs of the bedroom.  Because I need to remember how great it looks.  And, once I'm done getting the rooms to a point where weekly maintenance takes an hour at most and my other side projects (read: closets and bookshelves) are finished, I'm going to start putting up artwork.  It's time my home felt like a home.

So today was productive.  And I'm still feeling great about what  I'm accomplishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment